Health and Wellbeing Adviser
Salary £23k – £26k dep on experience
Permanent Full Time Monday to Friday
Benefits include 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays, Holiday transfer – up to 5 days each year, Flexible holiday scheme – purchase or sell up to 5 days of holiday each year, Childcare vouchers – up to £220 per 4 week period, Free eye tests (and VDU glasses if required), Free Life Insurance benefit (up to £10,000), Personal development scheme, Personal Accident Insurance, Professional qualification sponsorship scheme, Flexi-time – as agreed with Line Manager, Life Assurance Cover of Four Times your Salary, Critical Illness Cover, Hospital Cash Plan.
Our client provide high impact lifestyle and wellbeing programmes that help people improve their health.
We deliver our services in the heart of communities, working with local public, private and voluntary partners to achieve our goals. We address individual needs and maximise outcomes through fun and interactive interventions that are evidence based and outcome driven. The Health & Wellbeing Adviser and will work closely with the Health and Wellbeing Manager and is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the health programmes across a specified region to agreed quality standards.
Are you passionate about making a difference and helping improve the health & wellbeing of others? Are you a people person? Looking for a varied role making a positive impact on people and their communities? Consider the role of a Health & Wellbeing Adviser
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Our client is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Identifying members who have health and wellbeing barriers impacting their ability to find and sustain employment
- Setting up plans and goals and then reviewing and assessing progress
- Adapting your coaching to the variety of needs – e.g. promoting healthy eating, smoking cessation, alcohol reduction, encouraging physical activity, improving confidence and/or mental wellbeing
- Referring programme members to local health and wellbeing support organisations
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary and company benefits including a discount scheme, we’ll invest in your future offering scope for Continued Professional Development. This role offers immense job satisfaction and with a variety of contracts across the country, the opportunities are endless!
Required skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a customer facing and/or health and wellbeing environment
- Ability to evidence coaching skills and adaptability
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
- GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
- Willingness to continually learn and develop
- Engaging, enthusiastic, approachable and resilient personality
- Willingness to work flexible hours (e.g. help run activities outside of normal working hours).
- Understanding of the local health and wellbeing landscape
- Degree or relevant qualification. Degree topics may include psychology, sociology, social care/science.
- City & Guilds Health Trainer level 3 qualification or equivalent
To apply for the role of Health and Wellbeing Adviser Derby please email your cv to [email protected] or call 0161 320 3793 / 07866625747
Tina Lacey Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency dedicated to the skills, training and welfare to work sectors nationally. We are committed to giving full free pre-interview advice and guidance right throughout the interview process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org