IT Apprenticeships Assessor
up to £30k depending on experience and qualifications
Based in Newton Aycliffe, NorthEast
Are you an experienced education or training professional, with relevant qualifications (TAQA or equivalent), looking for an exciting and rewarding career? Do you have knowledge or experience of the apprenticeship sector, and delivering professional and quality assessment guidance and pastoral care to a caseload of learners? Do you have qualifications or experience in IT, Software Development or Digital Marketing? Do you have the desire to support and guide our learners through their apprenticeship journey, ensuring they reach timely completion and exceed their potential?
- Passionate & enthusiastic about succeeding in being the best version of you;
- A confident communicator: with strong speaking and listening skills (specifically over the telephone);
- Customer focused and diligent;
- Adaptable & ambitious: with a commitment to embracing change and a willingness to learn;
Do you want to work in a rewarding and engaging environment supportive of your continuous learning & development, committed to providing a values-driven culture and rewarding career opportunities?
Reporting into your Assessment Manager, you will be working within a team of Assessors (of varying skills and experience), with strong emphasis on a collaborative and supportive approach to delivering outstanding assessment support to our learners. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Providing professional and quality assessment guidance and pastoral care for a case load of apprenticeship learners;
- Delivery and assessment of programs to support Level 3 and 4 learners to achieve advanced apprenticeships through: action planning of assessment plans, monthly feedback and portfolio building;
- Making contact every 6 weeks via our S.M.A.R.T (online live) classrooms to carry out assessment reviews, ensuring learner progress remains on track;
- Monitoring and marking of assessment plans in line with the Program Standards;
- Working with internal IQA to ensure apprenticeship assessment is delivered to the agreed Standards and regulatory requirements; and
- Completing regular internal training to ensure program knowledge is continuously developed.
A full induction and robust initial training plan will be provided when you start with the company and you will receive ongoing training, development and coaching from your Assessment Manager, IQA Lead and experienced colleagues to provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to succeed.
Would you like to join an organisation passionate about creating opportunities for young people in one of the fastest growing industries in the world, creating apprenticeships that are Changing Futures? Our client were the first apprenticeship training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. Their vision is to champion change to constantly look to the future. We want to transform the way people recruit, to change the way people learn and to positively shift the perception of apprenticeships.
Our clients mission: By using technology to teach technology, they deliver flexible and dynamic learning where our audience lives most: online. But as impressive as technology is, it needs a human touch. People are more than ones and zeroes and we pride ourselves on our warm, attentive approach to apprentices and employers. Changing lives is a big responsibility, our client handle it with care. There is a reason they were awarded a rating of “Distinction” from the Institute of Customer Service.
To apply for the role of IT Apprenticeships Assessor please email your cv to [email protected] or call 0161 320 3793 / 07866625747
Tina Lacey Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency dedicated to the skills, training and welfare to work sectors nationally. We are committed to giving full free pre-interview advice and guidance right throughout the interview process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com