Salary £22500 – £25000 dep on experience
Permanent Full Time Monday to Friday
Benefits include 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays, Holiday transfer – up to 5 days each year, Flexible holiday scheme – purchase or sell up to 5 days of holiday each year, Childcare vouchers – up to £220 per 4 week period, Free eye tests (and VDU glasses if required), Free Life Insurance benefit (up to £10,000), Personal development scheme, Personal Accident Insurance, Professional qualification sponsorship scheme, Flexi-time – as agreed with Line Manager, Life Assurance Cover of Four Times your Salary, Critical Illness Cover, Hospital Cash Plan.
Are you passionate about making a difference and helping others? Would you like to work in a role that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do, making a genuine positive impact? Consider the role of a Key Worker – our client are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. They are a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
Key Workers are the front line. The main purpose of the role is to provide intensive, personalised one-to-one support to unemployed jobseekers (our participants) with aim of finding and sustaining employment. You will also engage with employers and make local communities aware of the benefits of our service. Our participants are the lifeblood of our business, and providing them with an excellent service is at the very core of the Key Worker role.
Your day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Meeting with jobseekers, identifying any challenges and barriers with finding employment
- Intensive 1 to 1 support
- Identifying and supporting with barriers to work, specifically concerning health & disability
- Knowledge and awareness of disability support
- Providing in-work support
- Carrying out 121 and Group Employability Training
- Supporting jobseekers with CV writing and job application process
- Liaising with employers to identify any employment opportunities for the jobseekers
- Outreach work – promoting within the local community
- Skills and experience;
- Able to demonstrate coaching/mentoring experience and persuasion/influencing skills through previous work or social activities
- Practical experience of working directly with people with moderate to severe disabilities and/or mental health issues, preferably in the field of employment related services, and with a proven track record of personally delivering recognised outcomes
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment (i.e. Customer Services, Hospitality, Social Care, Customer Services, Sales)
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
- Willingness to travel locally (e.g. to meet customers/employers).
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
- Experience of exposure to various customer groups.
- Previous experience of a working in a similar role in Welfare to Work or publicly funded services
- Any relevant advisory and/or training qualification e.g. Award in Education & Training (formally PTLLs Level 3), NVQ Advice & Guidance or equivalent.
- A degree in relevant subjects or equivalent, e.g. Sociology, Social Care etc
To apply for the role of Keyworker Bradford please email your cv to [email protected] or call 0161 320 3793 / 07866625747
Tina Lacey Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency dedicated to the skills, training and welfare to work sectors nationally. We are committed to giving full free pre-interview advice and guidance right throughout the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit tinalaceyrecruitment.com.