Regional Employment Adviser
£22k-£24k depending on experience
Sheffield South Yorkshire region – peripatetic role
Permanent Full Time Monday to Friday and you will need access to your own transport, mileage provided
Benefits include 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays, Holiday transfer – up to 5 days each year, Flexible holiday scheme – purchase or sell up to 5 days of holiday each year, Childcare vouchers – up to £220 per 4 week period, Free eye tests (and VDU glasses if required), Free Life Insurance benefit (up to £10,000), Personal development scheme, Personal Accident Insurance, Professional qualification sponsorship scheme, Flexi-time – as agreed with Line Manager, Life Assurance Cover of Four Times your Salary, Critical Illness Cover, Hospital Cash Plan
Are you passionate about making a difference and helping others? Would you like to work in a customer facing role, making a positive impact? Consider the role of an Employment Adviser and support our clients unemployed customers with finding and sustaining employment, engage with employers and make local communities aware of the benefits of our clients service ! Alongside a generous base salary and great flexibility with your working schedule, our client offer training, development and progression opportunities. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction. Key to your success in this role is to demonstrate the ability to build rapport, show empathy, motivate people and influence their perception of working
Your responsibilities will include
Meeting with jobseekers, identifying any challenges and barriers with finding employment
• Booking jobseekers to any relevant training courses including customer service, security, hospitality, personal development, IT literacy and many others
• Supporting jobseekers with CV writing and job application process
• Liaising with employers to identify any employment opportunities for the jobseekers
• Outreach work – promoting our client within the local community
Ideally you will have ;
• Experience of exposure to various customer groups.
• Previous experience of a working in a similar role in Welfare to Work or publicly funded services
• Any relevant advisory and/or training qualification e.g. Award in Education & Training (formally PTLLs Level 3), NVQ Advice & Guidance or equivalent.
• A degree in relevant subjects or equivalent, e.g. Sociology, Social Care etc
Required skills and experience:
• Able to demonstrate coaching/mentoring experience and persuasion/influencing skills through previous work or social activities
• Experience of working in a customer facing environment (i.e. Customer Services, Hospitality, Social Care, Customer Services, Sales)
• Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
• Willingness to travel locally (e.g. to meet customers/employers).
• A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
• GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
To apply for the role of Employment Adviser Sheffield/South Yorkshire peripatetic please email your cv to [email protected] or call 07866625747 / 0161 320 3793
Tina Lacey Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency dedicated to the skills, training and welfare to work sectors nationally. We are committed to giving full free pre-interview advice and guidance right throughout the interview process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com