Self Employment Adviser – Interviewing asap – March 2021 start
£26k – £29k Permanent Full Time
Covers West Yorkshire (Huddersfield, Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Calderdale) work from one of these offices, homebased initially but office based asap
Benefits include 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays, Holiday transfer – up to 5 days each year, Flexible holiday scheme – purchase or sell up to 5 days of holiday each year, Childcare vouchers – up to £220 per 4 week period, Free eye tests (and VDU glasses if required), Free Life Insurance benefit (up to £10,000), Personal development scheme, Personal Accident Insurance, Professional qualification sponsorship scheme, Flexi-time – as agreed with Line Manager, Life Assurance Cover of Four Times your Salary, Critical Illness Cover, Hospital Cash Plan
Alongside a generous base salary and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
Our client are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. They are a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
As a Self Employment Adviser you will be responsible for supporting participants with credible self-employment plans and progress them to successful trading. A Self Employment Adviser will use a variety of techniques including effective diagnosis, individual and group coaching, maximising on any Participant funding available to achieve sustainable employment in self-employment.
- Ideally you will have;
- Experience of delivering business advice to individuals considering starting a business
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of being accountable for own work e.g. creating resources for those interested in self employment within particular business sectors.
- Essential Criteria
- Experience advising people on setting up a business
- AND/OR – experience setting up and running their own business AND/OR – experience setting up and running their own business (if you have this then you don’t need any welfare to work experience)
- Planning and Decision Making, Results Focused Delivery, and Team Orientation.
- Technical skills include knowledge of welfare/benefits system/labour market, basic numeracy skills and good written communication/report writing skills, strong administration skills, good computer/technology skills and the ability to use technology to deliver training/courses, information advice and guidance.
- Personal skills include creativity, being inspirational/able to create a personal impact, being able to command attention/control a situation and being hard working/committed/highly motivated.
- Personal interests include a willingness to learn
- To apply our client needs you to have min grade B GCSE English Language or equivalent and 2 A Levels or equivalent
To apply for the role of Self Employment Adviser West Yorkshire please email your cv to [email protected] or call 0161 320 3793 3793/ 07866625747
Tina Lacey Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency dedicated to the skills, training and welfare to work sectors nationally. We are committed to giving full free pre-interview advice and guidance throughout the interview process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org