On the market now **North West based** National cover/remote and used to travel – looking for a perm/interim/contract Operations management/ Project Management – Area/Regional roles £50k+ Travel- We are looking out to Apprenticeship Providers/Welfare to Work organisations. 16 years in delivery, operations, contract management, compliance in the training sector with 20 years in Retail management.
An impressive successful highly proficient Senior Regional Manager experienced at driving exceptional service predominately within Retail and Educational sectors. With extensive operational and strategic business management experience they have led multi-location and regional teams to exceed individual and departmental targets and KPI’s. As a natural leader my candidate works with teams empowering individuals to achieve their own career goals while meeting and exceeding the needs of the business. They have vision and innovation to provide strategic business solutions and the project management and leadership skills to make those solutions a reality. Used to delivering operational success by driving developments resulting in improved productivity, reduced business costs and higher revenue levels. With the perception and ability to recognise new revenue channels within customer centric environments, My candidate is highly motivated with a strong work ethic, methodical and analytical in their approach ensuring accuracy while delivering exceptional results.
Leadership of a multi-location team of Regional Managers and Delivery Team driving exceptional customer service while achieving regional targets and goals in line with overall corporate objectives.
- Devised and implemented a new performance management strategy to reduce loss making activities and drive business priority focus resulting in 8% improvement vs previous year results.
• Successfully achieved cost reduction and quality improvements through the development and provision of E-Learning and E-Portfolio systems.
• Introduced new processes to drive early identification and effective management of at-risk learners resulting in a reduction in early leavers and overall business losses.
#OnTheMarketNow #OperationsManager #Employability #Skills #Successful #ProjectManagement #TrainingProviders #AvailableNowforOpportunities
To find out more about my candidate please contact me on 0161 320 3793 / 07866625747
May 2020 ***On the market now***
An impressive commercial executive with experience in strategic leadership operating at board level within the FE and commercial sectors.. Chartered HR Director with experience in operational strategy formulation and delivery, bringing discipline, efficiency, focus and a passion for service and impact to internal and external business users. A strong track record of delivering and supporting impressive growth and award winning service and quality in a diverse range of independent training providers and colleges working with both the SME sector and large corporate accounts. Strong track record as a leader of performance talent management and performing the role of brand values and culture leader. Demonstrable experience within the FE / Apprenticeship sectors operating Government and Commercial contracts in excess of 40 million in line with Ofsted, ESFA and Levy requirements. Patron of the Fellowship of Inspection Nominees and ‘Most Inspirational Male in FE’ nominee as voted by members of Apprenticeships for England. 20 years sector experience with private ITPs, large colleges and commercial operations looking for full time / part time / senior interim and director roles, used to focusing on Ofsted readiness, quality, commercial national operations. Also FCIPD so reviewing roles such as people director/L&D Director, Bristol based, worked remotely for the last 12 years with office visits and national travel. £85k Perm, daily rate £500
To find out more about my candidate please contact me on 0161 320 3793 / 07866625747 or email [email protected]
May 2020 ***On the Market Now*** Chesterfield based Candidate, Recruitment Resourcer/with own transport looking for £23k-£25k within training providers/colleges around Derbyshire/South Yorkshire/East Midlands
With a passion for delivering a great resourcing/recruitment service – their responsibilities have included
- Engage with prospect students providing information, advice and guidance on pre-apprenticeship provisions, including Study Programmes and Traineeships.
- Engaging with local employers to promoting products and services.
- Create and manage recruitment campaigns
- Managing a caseload of students to ensure retention and progression opportunities are identified.
- Engage with local employers to identify work experience placements.
- Responsible for ensuring KPI’s are consistently achieved.
- Engage with candidates and conduct the selection/matching process whilst overseeing the end to end recruitment process.
- Account management/ managing vacancies (coordinating the recruitment process)
- Create, draft and publish job specifications
- Manage a caseload of candidates maximising opportunities for progression.
- Deliver effective Information, Advice and Guidance to candidates.
- Complete documentation in line with contractual and quality compliance requirements.
Would you like to have a chat with my candidate, they are available immediately for a tele-interview/zoom chat – please call Tina on 0161 320 3793
North West Based– regional/national cover £45k-£50k Perm Apprenticeships/Welfare to Work open to Key Account Manager/Business Development Manager/Account Director/Team Manager roles
A successful, creative and commercially aware Manager with vast experience in all respects of Apprenticeships and Welfare to Work. Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team. A patient and effective communicator at all levels and strong promoter of the importance of customer care. Able to prioritise and manage time and work load. First class knowledge of sales processes including sales planning, objection handling, questioning techniques and values statements coupled with as though understanding of solution selling. Many years of sector experience with advance knowledge around ESFA funding and new Levy protocols. Worked on majority of standards including Management, Generic, financial services, AAT, Property Services, Care, IT, project management and childcare.
My candidates last role :
- Smashing the quarterly target of £100k revenue
- Worked on £4 million public & private sector contracts with national employers and local authorities.
- Working alongside the executive team to assist with the growth strategy by building pipeline with new Levy and SME organisations
- Averaging 50 starts per month from new and existing employers
- Writing Dynamic Purchasing System in preparation for Tenders. Assisting with the writing of tenders by working closely with other departments
- Obtaining Tenders and implementing Apprenticeship programmes within the organisation.
- Building relationships with Levy Employers to give them a training solution utilising their Levy to the maximum
- Delivery marketing campaigns for new to market and existing apprenticeships
Will you soon have a need for a dynamic business developer to support your sales and business development strategy?
For more information please contact Tina on 0161 320 3793 / [email protected]
***On the Market Now*** with 12 years experience in the Skills, training and welfare to work sectors – a highly successful Head of Apprenticeship Recruitment – with an impressive track record of achievement which includes exceeding his starts target in 2018 of 700 starts as well as mobilised and implemented a brand new apprenticeship recruitment process for a high profile employer which had extremely positive feedback resulting in a 93% retention rate.
They are looking for a salary of around £40k negotiable and are looking for a role in a Business Development/Head of Apprenticeships/Recruitment Manager role in the East Midlands area (Nottingham/Derby/Sheffield)
They were responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of the company’s automotive apprenticeship learner recruitment process. This includes working in collaboration with key leadership stakeholders (both internally and externally) to mobilise, design and implement new large clients’ end to end recruitment processes ensuring that quality candidates are attracted to the apprenticeship opportunities, meeting their fulfilment requirements. Leading by example they managed the performance of a team of Recruiters and Sales colleagues who both generated and filled vacancies.
My candidate is an enthusiastic and self-motivated professional with experience in an operational/recruitment management environment. Flexible in their approach as well as having a strong drive to succeed through personal development and influencing of others to achieve. Possessing great communication skills, with a proven track record of achieving targets and building strong working relations.
- Fantastic track record of achievements/successes
- Extensive geographical knowledge
- Sales/recruitment management experience
- Career guidance experience along with the ability to present confidently
- Good influencing and organisational skills
- Project management knowledge and skills
- Ability to influence and support change management
- Managing budgets to maintain profitability based on return on investment
To find out more about my BDM East Midlands candidate please contact Tina on 0161 320 3793 / 07866625747 / or email [email protected] – available from May to start a new role
***Look Who We Have*** On the Market now – West Midlands based – Remote support on offer now – National and Global Accreditation and Quality Manager for education, with 15 years experience in the skills and training sectors – now looking for project/freelance or even temporary marking and assessment work right now with a view to moving in to a permanent role in the coming months. Permanent role would include Learning and Development Manager/Accreditation Manager/Quality Assurance Manager or Lead IQA
My candidate is a highly experienced training professional with over 15 years of experience in the qualification, training and apprenticeship sector. They work with key stakeholders to develop the policies and processes that positively improve and transform the standards of the learning experience across the sector. With detailed knowledge for the essential components of outstanding learner experiences, they use this to positively influence the achievement of the individuals, teams and stakeholders to transform the provision. With the experience of working cross-sector, both with employers, providers and governance bodies, they have strong knowledge and understanding of ‘what outstanding looks like’. They use this knowledge to influence outcomes and positively move the business strategy forward. Throughout their career, they have led and developed several multi-disciplinary teams by providing strong leadership and direction, while nurturing and supporting their talents to a successful result. They are used to simplifying policies and processes, engaging and providing the right guidance at the right time has meant that excellent results have been achieved.
As a leader, they are an ambassador for the education sector. Through their experience they have led and developed a number of multi-disciplinary teams in their 28-year working career. Providing strong leadership and direction to the team, while nurturing and supporting their individual talents to a successful result. In their career, my candidate has benefited from working with a variety of professional skilled individuals and led on assessment projects, the development of systems and process areas.
Positive results are reflected in the achievements of grade 2 Ofsted inspections as well as the ongoing low-risk accreditation and approval with over 10 different awarding organisations both in the UK and abroad. As the sector has moved from frameworks to standards and the introduction of the apprenticeship levy, they have found it essential to work in collaboration with customers, employers and other stakeholders to influence a powerful outcome.
To find out more about my candidate please call Tina on 0161 320 3793 / 07866625747 or email [email protected]
On the market now a highly successful Apprenticeship Manager/ MIS Compliance Data Manager – East Midlands based £35k+ Permanent ideally. They are an enthusiastic, practical and active individual with a wealth of experience within the apprenticeship and skills sector working predominantly within senior management roles that have been funded by DWP, ESF and Education Skills and Funding Agency (ESFA). My Work history has included auditing and compliance as well as development and training within the skills sector to ensure all stakeholders are educated on apprenticeship skills and working toward a quality education provision with timely achievement rates. They have demonstrated they are not only able to project manage different skills contracts but able to ensure they perform to ensure maximum contract value has been achieved in line with company performance. Throughout their work history they have shown to be flexible in their approach to work along with being hardworking and reliable to continually make a positive contribution in the workplace.
SUCCESSES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- – Managed a brand new training provider from scratch by implementing staffing, qualifications and human budgets/resources to the best national centre in their league tables two years in a row- Supported with three OFSTED visits, one a grade one and two visits at grade 2
- – Experience of managing provision on a national basis and implemented strategies of 200 funded learners to ensure they obtain their required qualification
- – Current role has seen a improvement increase year in year in starts, achievement and retention
- – Knowledge and Implementation of the development in the operational delivery of skills provision and Apprenticeship standards to End point Assessment which has included a high end point assessment achievement rate and NEET numbers significantly reduced
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- · 10 years’ experience within skills – particularly within apprenticeships, Excellent knowledge of funding, compliance and auditing – including Apprenticeship paperwork,
- Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management/Level 4 in Careers, Employment, Information, Advice and Guidance
- Knowledge of experience of reporting systems such as Maytas, PICS, Promonitor
- Ability to project manage and develop new training material in line with government changes
- Excellent communication skills – Ability to liaise with various stakeholders
To find out more about my Apprenticeship Manager/ MIS Compliance Data Manager candidate please contact me on 0161 320 3793 / 07866625747 or email [email protected]
***On the Market Now*** £45k+ Manchester area – Looking for a permanent new career move into a project management, housing, charity or local government type role
Management professional with vast experience within the public sector and working in a multi-agency environment. A self-motivated & goal driven individual committed to developing outcomes mutually benefiting both the organisation and general community. Displays exceptional analytical and organisational skills; excellent verbal and written communications skills; with the ability to work independently and make well thought out decisions. Proven ability to excel and move forward, highly effective problem solver with excellent multi-tasking and development skills. A proven track record in development & achievement of strategy, performance measures & people management. A positive, enthusiastic person who enjoys interacting with people and developing excellent working relationships with all contacts. Possesses the ability to formulate solutions to individual job challenges, seize new opportunities and adapt quickly to shifting conditions.
As the North West Associate Director & Operations Manager, with responsibility for developing contracts; policies and procedures; and service level agreements. Creating and managing new partnerships is a key element of my role, which I have undertaken to a high standard, with positive outcomes achieved. Represent the charity and the brand in the North West and develop high-level relationships in the North West. Work alongside local government, Military and corporate sectors to identify future opportunities to broaden the reach of charity. Manage relationships with Operational and strategic partners. In their previous role;
- Proactively developed and managed relationships with partners within the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- Strategically planned projects to address both adult and youth unemployment in Manchester
- Lead person within the local authority for apprenticeship delivery / awareness raising for Manchester; Chair of the Apprenticeships in Manchester Strategy Group
- Developed the Manchester Apprentice Ambassador Scheme
- Represented Manchester on the Apprentice Hub / City Deal
- Worked effectively alongside team members from the National Apprenticeship Service to ensure Manchester residents were encouraged and supported to undertake apprenticeships.
- Project Management of the Manchester Employer Suite, a resource funded by the Local Authority and DWP to encourage local recruitment for local opportunities.
Designed and delivered and award winning Regeneration Apprentice Programme
- Implemented and set up the Manchester Employer Suite in partnership with DWP
- Designed and delivered the Manchester Youth Future employment scheme
- Led on numerous programmes and projects in conjunction with the Greater Manchester Devolution team
- Set up designed and implemented the delivery of a very successful and high profile Charity Hub
- Involved in the strategic delivery of the GM Armed Forces Covenant Strategy
To find out more about my exclusive candidate please contact Tina Lacey on 0161 320 3793 / 07866625747 or email [email protected]
#OnTheMarketNow #ProjectManagement #Charity #Housing #LocalGovernment #CareerMove #PersonalDevelopment #OperationsManagement #AssociateDirector #Regeneration #Manchester
On the market now is an impressive London based experienced highly qualified Head of operations within IT apprenticeship qualifications and as the IEPA for Software Developer and Digital marketer Standards for C&G.
A highly successful training manager/team leader along with the assessing and training experience of learners of all ages for 22 years, providing high quality support, mentoring new “skills coaches” whilst supporting quality assurance and mapping university modules to C&G units. Also acted as subject matter expert for software development Level 3 and Level 4 qualifications. They have been involved with the OFSTED & MATRIX inspections and carrying out observations of Teaching, Learning and Assessment. Understanding and Completing the QIP and SARs for the region and team. Also involved in the quality check of the portfolios supporting my team and other teams in the business. Also, they have acted as a team leader for 6 months for the group of 250 new graduate joiners in Infosys technologies and managed their training structure. Trained the Infosys employees on the usage of their bespoke systems of Infosys for 2 years. An experienced trainer and course development professional with extensive experience of delivering training modules to all levels and development of course modules and assessments. Available asap £65k+ London Perm.
2019 Level 2 E&D Qualification – Qualified
2017 APMG Change Management PCM (R) Foundation & Practitioner – Qualified
2017 Level 2 IAG Qualification – Qualified
2016 6317 – Level 4 Certificate in Leading the IQA processes and practice – Qualified
2014 6317 – Level 4 Award in IQA processes and practice – Qualified
2014 Prince 2 Foundation Project Management – Qualified
2013 APMP 5 Project Management – Qualified
2013 6317 Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (A1) – Qualified
2012 PTLLS Level 4 – Qualified
2012 ISEB/ISTQB Software Testing Foundation from BCS – Qualified
2009 ECDL European Computer Driving Licence – Qualified
1999 PGDHRM – Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
1995 MCA (Masters of Computer Applications) (1992-95)
(Recognised as the equivalent to a Masters in the UK by NARIC UK)
1992 B.Sc. (Non-Medical) (Bachelor of Science) (1989-92)
For more information about my candidate please call Tina Lacey on 0161 320 3793 / 07866625747 or email [email protected]recruitment.com
My candidate is an experienced Director and independent consultant in the employment and skills sector across with extensive experience from front-line delivery through to strategic leadership and business planning. Their ability to remain commercially minded whilst keeping the learner and employer at the heart of any decision-making process gives them a unique, supportive approach to any new training provider looking to succeed in the employment, skills and apprenticeship sector
My candidate has a demonstrable track record in achieving profitability and turning around underperformance whilst maintaining a focus on quality and compliance through expert advice on the ESFA funding rules and Ofsted’s Education Inspection Framework.
- Consultancy or freelance
- Working as an independent consultant within a commercially funded organisation I led a change project to turn them into a fully registered, £1m turnover Apprenticeship provider signing up over 300 learners across 10 levy paying employers within the first 6 months of operation.
- Successful application onto the RoATP and centre approval with City and Guilds to deliver Level 3 & 5 leadership & management diplomas and Functional Skills English and maths qualifications to Level 2
- Leading a skills businesses P&L to improve a 2017/18 funding year loss of c.£800k to a £200k profit within 12 months
- Apprenticeships achievement rate improvement from 62% in 16/17 to 75% in 18/19
- Material increases in 16-19 Study Programme retention from 55% in 17/18 academic year to 85% in 18/19
- Within an 18-month period (from January 2016 to June 2017) improved the organisations Work Programme Prime national league performance from 38th (of 39 providers) to 2nd;
- Over a period of 9 years this candidate has experience of project managing the tendering, business development and implementation of government funds totalling in excess of £300m (including Work Programme, Adult Education Budget, Ministry of Justice, Local Authority funded provision and European Social Fund contracts (such as Skills Support for Unemployed, Workforce and Redundancy and support for 16-24 year old NEETS and those redundancy)
- Directly and indirectly managing over 60 high performing operational and support staff
- To find out more about my impressive candidate please call Tina on 0161 320 3793 / 07866625747 or email [email protected]
Jan 2020 a highly successful, impressive and motivated Senior Director with a strong background in operational delivery, people and performance management, strategic employer engagement and building partner and stakeholder relationships. NorthWest Based with National Travel – Permanent ideally – one of my candidates key career highlights includes taking an underperforming Work Programme contract at risk to No 1 ranked provision with DWP for 18 consecutive months – it was the only contract package area to achieve this throughout the duration of the Work Programme.
In my candidates last role as UK Operations Director their role included;
Responsible and accountable for managing the wind down of both organisations against an agreed implementation plan agreed with the Group board.
Activities included (but not limited to):
- Full redundancy consultation process with all staff
- Ensuring learners continue to receive appropriate support through the wind down period
- Fulfilment of contractual commitments before exiting from activities
- Closure of all training centres and where applicable ‘hand-back’ of contracts, working closely with relevant funding bodies, learners and stakeholders
- Associated down-sizing of the corporate support functions, including the relocation of those functions to group
- The transfer of apprenticeship business to interested 3rd parties
- Management of subcontracted provision
- Working closely with Group Finance to ensure tight control of costs
In their previous role as Director of Operations England
A strategic and operational role with accountability for achieving the organisations business plans and for developing and implementing the business strategy within my areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for leading and managing all operations with overall accountability for P&L, business growth and quality of provision.
- Fully accountable for leading the organisations commitment to employee engagement; creating an environment which enable colleagues to fully engage and maximise their contribution to the organisations success
- Fully accountable for leading the continual development, growth and delivery of contracts, both new and existing, ensuring the delivery experience, methods, approach and customer feedback and outcomes meet the needs of employers, learners and funding bodies
- Leading the identification, reporting and prompt response against an agreed set of key performance indicators, with equal focus on the financial, quality, people and programme aspects of the organisation
- Leading on the identification and progression of business growth, identifying, developing and delivering opportunities to grow both organically and though new business opportunities
In their previous role as Senior Regional Director for 6 years
- Managing high levels of staff performance and service through regular communication, clear objective and target setting and appropriate training and support. Identifying actions to address poor levels of performance.
- Leadership and management of both Prime Contract and sub contract delivery – 17 direct line reports. Building of strong relationships with DWP, JCP, supply chain partners and stakeholders. Ensuring business growth targets are met and exceeded, implementing new initiatives and designing new delivery models and funding strategies to maximise opportunities within the business.
- Key Highlight – Took under-performing Work Programme contract at risk to No 1 ranked provision with DWP for 18 consecutive months – only contract package area to achieve this throughout the duration of the Work Programme.
My candidate is on the market now and is looking for their next opportunity ! Is it with your organisation ? Would you like me to organise a confidential chat? Please contact Tina Lacey 0161 320 3793 / 07866625747 [email protected]
#Employability #Skills #UKOperationsDirectorOnTheMarketNow #ImpressiveCandidate #SeekingOpportunities #Training #NorthWestBased #NationalTravel #Successful #CareerMove